High Stakes Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Linked to the Past

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Linked to the Past Empty Linked to the Past Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:50 pm

Elizabeth Blackwell

Elizabeth Blackwell

The scene opens up in pitch darkness.  A voice quickly breaks through the dark..

{Elizabeth Blackwell}
Nightmare.  A frightening or unpleasant dream. A terrifying or very unpleasant experience or prospect. A person, thing, or situation that is very difficult to deal with.   That is the nickname that I have been given.  That is the moniker bestowed upon me.  I plan to be a nightmare to my enemies in High Stakes Wrestling.  And the nightmare will begin soon enough.  Sooner than I planed with my entry into Sole Survivor.

A flickering light comes on, almost like in a bad dream.  Elizabeth is standing in the middle of the room, wearing a half sized sleeveless black vest over a red tank top shirt that comes short of her belly.  She also has on black pants with red flames at the bottom of them.  She doesn’t smile, just looks at the camera..

{Elizabeth Blackwell}
I know what you people are thinking.  She is just the new girl.  This is her debut in High Stakes Wrestling.  She will be easy pickings for this match.  Well guess what, you will be wrong.  I was trained at Chaos Wrestling All-Stars.  I’ve had my skills fine tuned by your great Women’s champion Annie Fugate.  And maybe I won’t win this big match on my debut.   But I will be making a name for myself.  And I don’t care who you.  I don’t care if you are one of the outsiders from the Cowardly Wrestling Federation.  I don’t care if you’re a member of this Paragon group or someone like Roller X and Eli Goode.  There’s only one person in this match I care about.

She takes a few steps forward.  With the flashing light it looks almost like she is teleporting forward, not even walking until it is more just her face and upper body that’s in the camera’s view.

{Elizabeth Blackwell}
Maya, sweet Maya.  The whiny little coward who won’t own up to her actions.  You’d think that is why I’m making sure you don’t win this match.  You’d think it was because everyone is tired of your whining and pity parties.  But you’d be wrong.  You took something from me Maya.  Something that meant the world to me.  That's why I'm coming straight at you when you enter this match.  Of course that is if Annie leaves anything of you for this match.  She has plans for you Maya.  You might not even make it to the Sole Survivor match.  So I hope all the rest of you realize that this little redhead isn’t going to be a pushover.  For the twenty nine other people looking to be the Sole Survivor.

She glides forward between flickers again until only her face fills the screen, looking forward with cold brown eyes..

{Elizabeth Blackwell}
Welcome to your nightmare.

The light flickers on her face a few more times until she suddenly vanishes, bringing an end to this scene.

SCENE 2

It’s late at night in Boulder City Nevada.  The scene is the apartment of the Fugate sisters.  They are both in the living room area sitting with Annie’s new manager Elizabeth Blackwell.  Jessica is sitting on the couch next to her sister, wearing bright yellow pajama pants and a white shirt.   Annie is next to her, wearing black shorts and a black tank top.  Sitting back in the reclining chair is Elizabeth wearing red pajama pants and a red shirt.  Sitting on the table in front of them is a bottle of Tequila Rose and three shot glasses.  Annie pours each of them a shot and slides it toward Elizabeth who frowns at it.

{Elizabeth Blackwell}
You guys are aware that I’m only nineteen right?

{Annie “Midnight” Fugate}
We are both of age and you’re staying the night anyways.  If it makes you feel any better, you can give Jess your keys.

Elizabeth shrugs and takes the shot glass.  She takes a small smell of it then follows the sisters in downing it.  She makes a bit of a face as the alcohol goes down her throat.  Annie just chuckles.

I think she likes it..

{Elizabeth Blackwell}
It’s definitely new.  So are you going to tell me the real reason you wanted me to stay over?  I’m pretty sure it’s not just for some female bonding.

Right to the point I see.  Fine then.  Tell me what you have against the Frost Elite.   You called Mizore Monica.  That’s a name a lot of people don’t know. .

{Elizabeth Blackwell}
You’re not going to leave me alone until I tell you are you?  Fine then.  It all started about thirteen years ago.

March 19th, 2004: St. Cloud Minnesota

The scene changes to a familiar sight, the orphanage of Android Eighteen in St. Cloud Minnesota.   It’s not actually Eighteen’s yet it belongs to Cindy and Dwayne Houlihan.  The couple is sitting in office chairs.  In front of the desk is a police officer standing next to a little five year old with fire red hair, a young Elizabeth Blackwell.  She is clutching a beanie baby unicorn and still has tears in her eyes.    Dwayne is looking over some paperwork as Cindy smiles sweetly at the little girl..

{Dwayne Houlihan}
So her father died in war a few months ago and her mother died of a heart attack just a few months after that.  And she doesn’t have any other family?

{Police Officer}
Just a grandmother living in a retirement home.  She isn’t in shape to take care of a child.  This place comes highly recommended.  Do you have room for her?

{Dwayne Houlihan}
Of course.  We have several rooms open.  Elizabeth, would you like to pick out a room sweetheart?  You can have anyone you want that’s open.

Elizabeth just nods her head.  Cindy comes around the desk and tries to take her hand but Elizabeth pulls away, clutching the unicorn tighter.  Cindy doesn’t push the fact, just walks with her up the steps and down a hall.  Elizabeth actually lights up a little as she finds one room with a twin bed and a brown dresser.   It has a bay window that overlooks the playground and a swimming pool.  She jumps up on the small ledge and looks out at the playground where a few kids are playing.

{Cindy Houlihan}
Make yourself at home.   We will get your stuff up here as soon as we can.  If you need anything, we will be downstairs.

Elizabeth doesn’t respond.  She just continues watching the kids play.  Cindy leaves the room and is only gone for a few minutes when two boys walk in.  They walk up to her as she quickly turns and faces them, not sure what to do as they look in her arms and smile..

{Little Boy}
Well well we got a newbie here.  My name is Richard and I run the show here.  That’s a nice toy you got there.  Let me see it.

Elizabeth squeezes it tighter, shaking her head no. This makes the boys sneer..

{Little Boy}
I’m not asking you again.  Give it here.

{Young Elizabeth}
No it’s mine!

Elizabeth yells out.  Both boys reach for the toy when another voice breaks out..

{???}
Leave her alone!

A pale young girl with dirty blond hair a few years older than Elizabeth has rushed forward and stood between the boys and Elizabeth.   The boys actually snicker.

{Little Boy}
This doesn’t concern you Monica.  Move along.

{Monica}
You can’t just go around picking on the new people.  Can’t you see she doesn’t want to be bothered.

{Little Boy}
Fine then, you can go down with the new girl.

Monica blocks Elizabeth who just clutches the unicorn.  They take a step toward the girls when a much more serious voice cuts the air.

{Android #18}
What’s going on in here?

Android Eighteen walks in the room.  She looks good as it is along the time she was wrestling in the eWe.  She walks up to the group.   The two boys look away as Monica looks at her with admiration.  Elizabeth is looking down, still clutching the unicorn.

{Little Boy}
The new girl doesn’t want to share her toy.   Mrs. Houlihan says we should always share.

{Android #18}
If she doesn’t want to share, she doesn’t have to.  You know I don’t tolerate bullying.  Now run along before I lose my patience.

The boys seem to know better than to argue with her.  They quickly leave the room with a glance back at the girls.  Eighteen turns and follows them out.  Monica turns on Elizabeth and gives her a big smile.

{Monica}
Hi I’m Monica.  I’ve been here my whole life.  What’s your name?

{Young Elizabeth}
E…...E….Elizabeth.

{Monica}
It’s nice to meet you   Who’s your friend there?

{Young Elizabeth}
This is my unicorn Mystic.  My daddy got him for me before he went off to fight in the war.  He never came home.

Her voice breaks a little.  Monica frowns and gives her a hug.  At first Elizabeth seems scared of it but soon she gives in and hugs Monica back.  Monica backs up and gives her a smile.

{Monica}
I’m so sorry to hear that.  But since you are going to be staying here a while, let’s be friends.  We can play together and have lots of fun.  

{Young Elizabeth}
I….think I’d like that..

She smiles for the first time at Monica.  Monica takes her out of the room, wanting to show Elizabeth her room when the scene suddenly changes.

November 23rd, 2017: Boulder City Nevada

{Jessica “Sunshine” Fugate}
Wait a minute, wait a minute, WAIT A MINUTE!!  Are you telling me….

Elizabeth stops talking and looks at Jessica.

{Jessica “Sunshine” Fugate}
You had a Mystic the Unicorn?  The TY original?  That’s worth a lot of money!

Elizabeth looks dumbfounded as she mouths what.  Annie just rolls her eyes, pouring them each another shot.

So you were in the same orphanage as Mizore?  But you knew her as Monica.  Seems like you were on your way to becoming good friends.

{Elizabeth Blackwell}
We did become good friends.  Hell we were the best of friends.  Inseparable.  

So what happened? You don’t seem to see her as much of a friend anymore.

{Elizabeth Blackwell}
It was shortly after my thirteenth birthday seven years later.

Elizabeth downs her shot, still shaking a bit as it goes down.  She takes a deep breath as she begins to talk again.

September 29th, 2011: St. Cloud, Minnesota

The scene is back to the orphanage.  Out behind a shed we find Monica standing with her back to the camera in front of Elizabeth.  Elizabeth seems to be looking around nervously.

{Monica}
Don’t be nervous, you should feel it..

{Young Elizabeth}
I don’t know about that Monica, we could get into a lot of trouble.

{Monica}
It will be our little secret Lizzy.  No one will know.

{Young Elizabeth}
Well if you say so.

Elizabeth slowly moves her hand forward as the camera moves to the side to reveal Monica is holding the eWe Undisputed championship.   Elizabeth runs her hand across the gold plate.

{Young Elizabeth}
Wow it feels real.

{Monica}
It is real.  And heavier than you’d think.  Here you can hold it.

Elizabeth takes the title from Monica.   She weighs it in her hand with a smile..

{Young Elizabeth}
That is really heavy.  Does Eighteen know you have this?.

{Monica}
Don’t worry about her.   Whenever I know she is out of town, I’ll take the belt down and play with it.  As long as it’s back in the case in her office and the fingerprints are wiped clean, she will never be the wiser. .

{Android #18}
There you are.  I’ve been looking for you.

Both girls freeze as Eighteen has approached them from the side.  She looks between the two girls and sneers when she sees the title in Elizabeth’s hands.  She nods toward the house with her head.

{Android #18}
Come with me Elizabeth..

{Monica}
Don't punish her.  I was the one who brought the title out of your office.  I take full blame.

{Android #18}
And you will be putting it back immediately.  But I’m not punishing her.  She has an interview..

Monica smiles wide as Elizabeth looks nervous.  She hands the title back to Monica and follows Eighteen up to the house.  They stop at the front where Eighteen takes a moment to look Elizabeth over.  She dusts off her pants and pulls on her hair, trying to pull some tangles out.  Satisfied enough it seems, Eighteen leads her into the room where Cindy is sitting by with an older couple, looking to be in their early sixties.  The man is a little chunky with big glasses and a nice suit.  The woman is thin but healthy, wearing a nice dress.  They both smile sweetly at Elizabeth who tries to take a step back but Eighteen guides her forward to a chair.  She leaves the room as Elizabeth looks at the couple.

{Cindy Houlihan}
Elizabeth this is Dave and Judy Blackwell.  They saw your profile and would like to talk to you..

{Young Elizabeth}
Are you sure?  I mean I am already a teenager.

{Judy Blackwell)
That’s fine Elizabeth.  You see me and Dave always wanted kids of our own but we couldn’t have one.  We decided when we both retired, we would adopt a young teenager.   We want a young lady that we can learn about and help guide her to a bright future.  We can help you finish school and go to college.  You like a lot of the same things we do, so we can have a lot of fun together.  But more than anything we have a lot of love to give in our happy little home.  We would like to bring you in and love you.

Elizabeth smiles.  It’s been a long time since she was in a happy home, not that she doesn’t like the orphanage.  Her smile brings a smile to Judy and Dave’s faces too.

{Young Elizabeth}
I’d like that.  Could I come here though and hang out with my best friend after I’m adopted.

Everyone frowns which makes Elizabeth drop her smile.  Judy and Dave look at each other kind of sadly before looking at her.

{Judy Blackwell)
I’m sorry sweetheart but we live in Rapid Falls South Dakota.  I’m afraid you probably won’t be seeing this place again.   I’m sorry.

Elizabeth looks down in thought.  Monica is the only person she has been close to since her parents died so many years ago.   She looks up and past Cindy to the window.  Monica is there, looking in at them.  She gives Elizabeth a big smile and nods her head.    This gives Elizabeth the boost she needs.

{Young Elizabeth}
Okay, I’d love to come live with you.  If you really want me.

{Judy Blackwell)
We would love to have you.   Welcome to the family Elizabeth.

{Cindy Houlihan}
That’s great!   We just have some paperwork we have to go over with you.  Elizabeth you should go say goodbye to everyone and get your stuff ready.

Elizabeth smiles looking over to see Monica is gone.   She gives a small smile to Judy and Dave who turn to the table as Cindy starts going over some forms.  Elizabeth isn’t in her room for two seconds when she is hugged by Monica..

{Monica}
I can’t believe it!  You are finally getting adopted!  I’m so happy for you.

{Young Elizabeth}
Thanks Monica but what about you?  I’m going to miss you..

{Monica}
I know Lizzy but this is for the best.  We will still be best friends.  I promise I’ll write you every other day.   And once we both get a cell phone, we can text and call each other all the time.  I can’t wait to hear how your new parents are.

{Young Elizabeth}
I hope so.  I don’t want to lose someone else that means so much to me.

{Monica}
You won’t.  Wait her for a moment.

Monica runs out of the room.  Elizabeth looks after her puzzled before turning to her dresser and starting to pull out some clothes, sorting the ones she will take with her and the ones she will leave for anyone who wants them.  She places them in a box that Dwayne drops off for her.  She doesn’t own a whole lot, the one box only about half full with clothes, a few books, some pictures from her time in the orphanage and her prize possession the stuffed unicorn her dad gave her.   She hugs it tightly before placing it in the box.   Monica comes back into the room, holding her hands behind her.

{Young Elizabeth}
What have you got there?

{Monica}
Close your eyes and hold out your hands.

Elizabeth smiles as she closes her eyes and opens her hands.  Monica pulls out a sealed wrestling figure and puts it in Elizabeth’s hands.   Elizabeth opens her eyes and her mouth drops.  It is the Extreme Wrestling Entertainment two thousand and eight, Hall of Fame edition of Android Eighteen.  She is in her blue jean skirt and vest over the black tights and shirt.  She has the Undisputed title around her waist and a fireball in her hand.  In the corner it is even signed by Eighteen.  Elizabeth shakes her head, trying to hand it back to Monica.

{Young Elizabeth}
I can’t take this.  Eighteen gave it to you right after her induction ceremony.  It means so much to you.

{Monica}
That’s why I want you to have it.  You mean the world to me too.  I want you to know however far we are apart, we will never stop being the best of friends.  I’m not taking no as an answer..

Elizabeth looks it over with tears in her eyes.  She lays it in her box of stuff and jumps into Monica’s arms, hugging her tightly.  The two friends stay like this a few minutes until they break apart, smiling at each other.   Elizabeth folds up the box and takes a look around the room as Cindy reappears at the door.

{Cindy Houlihan}
Are you ready Elizabeth?   Everything is signed and it’s time for you to head to your new home.

Dwayne comes in the door and picks up the box from the bed, carrying it out the door.  Elizabeth takes one last look around the room before Monica takes her arm and leads her down the hall, down the steps and out the front door where a red SUV is sitting.  Dwayne loads the box in the back of the vehicle and shuts the door.  Several of the other kids have come out to see her off but she doesn’t care.  She was never close to any of them.  She walks over to Cindy and gives her a big hug.  She does the same to Dwayne.  She walks up to Eighteen but stops short, not sure how she’d respond to it.  Eighteen gives her a rare smile and ruffles her hair.

{Android #18}
Try not to screw this up.   I don’t want to see you back here.

It sounds mean but Elizabeth knows this is just Eighteen’s way of saying good bye.  She walks with Monica to the back door that Judy is holding open for her.  She gives Monica one last hug.

{Monica}
Make sure you write me as soon as you get there.  I want to know your home address.  And take care of yourself Lizzy..

{Young Elizabeth}
You too Monica.  I love you.

{Monica}
Love you too Lizzy..

They break apart as Elizabeth crawls into the car and buckles her seatbelt.  Judy shuts the door and walks over to the passengers side as Dave starts the car.  Everyone goes about their business except for Cindy, Dwayne, Eighteen and Monica.  As the car pulls away Cindy and Dwayne wave to her.  Eighteen gives her a little salute with a smile before turning and heading inside.  Monica runs after the car, smiling and waving with tears in her eyes until the car gets too far away and Elizabeth can no longer see any of them.

November 23rd, 2017: Boulder City Nevada

Back in the Fugates apartment, Elizabeth is sitting on the floor now, tilting her empty shot glass on the table.  Jessica is slumped over in her chair fast asleep.  Annie is just watching Elizabeth, listening to her story.

So it seems like you left on good terms with her.

{Elizabeth Blackwell}
I thought so.  We would write at least once a week for the first six months or so.  Then her letters would only come every other week.  Then it was like once a month or so.  She wrote me about finding out who her parents were.  I was shocked but it made sense.  She always seemed to be attracted to Eighteen in a way.  She wrote me about becoming a wrestler.  Her last letter to me told me about her girlfriend Maya.   Haven’t heard from her since.  Until one day..

Annie had poured her another shot.   Elizabeth slams it back with a smirk.  She lays back on the floor and is immediately out.  Annie shakes her head, taking a chug straight from the bottle.

Lightweights.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum