High Stakes Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Life Support

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Life Support Empty Life Support Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:33 pm

Gunnar

Gunnar
HSW Talent
HSW Talent

The lights of the Vegas strip shine brightly against the pitch black sky above. The mass of humanity moves around in a blur, aided by the time lapse of the video playback being accelerated. As the blurs fly around the screen, there is one constant. Standing in the middle of the crowd stands the recently debuted High Stakes Wrestling superstar Gunnar Gunnsson. The people around him slow down as Gunnar just stands and stares at the world. Once everything returns to normal speed, Gunnsson begins walking. The camera crew manages to stay in front of him as he navigates his way through the crowd.

“As I walk around Las Vegas I realize just how truly special I am. I am one of a kind. I was touched by Odin’s hand while I rested inside my mother’s womb. I am large as the mythic frost giants and as tough as the Nordic winters. I am truly blessed.”

Gunnar smiles at the camera.

“Now, I realize that there are many people out there who have it far worse than I do. And during the Yule season, I think it is important for us to remember those people.”

Gunnsson leaves the well lit part of the Vegas strip and comes upon a church. St. John the Baptist Catholic Church resembles a nice, small-town church. The gray and beige brick doesn't reek of the normal over-the-top Catholic design you would see in a larger city.

”We have arrived.”

Inside of the church, forest green banners hang on either side of the crucifix, standing out against the pristine white walls. Sitting in the sanctuary, there is a slightly heavyset man wearing a black fitted suit with a blue undershirt, he kneels in one of the pews, with his hands folded and his head lifted towards the heavens. He closes his eyes, as though he is visualizing something. or someone, that isn't there.

Walking past the sanctuary, Gunnsson walks towards a set of double doors.  The camera switches inside, where a group of people are sitting in folding chairs in the gym. There is a large wooden cross hanging next to an old looking scoreboard.

A short, blonde haired man with a scraggly goatee speaks first.

”Gordon.”

Next to him sits a bald man who seems to be about six feet tall. He looks extremely emaciated.

”Chad”

Next to him is a woman with round doe eyes and short black hair.

”My name is Amanda.”
Next to her is a Hispanic looking woman with a peroxide blonde dye job.
”I’m Jenn.”

The last man to speak is a clean cut looking gentleman with brown hair and dressed in a teal shirt and a black tie.

”Hello, I 'm Ray.  Thank you for coming.”

” Ray, I’m not doing  well at all. I’m really down, and so are my T-cells.”

”Okay, so how are you?”

”What do you mean?”

”How do you feel today?”

”Fine.”

”That’s it?”

”Best I’ve felt in a long time, actually.”

”Hello, I 'm Ray.  Thank you for coming.”

” Ray, I’m not doing  well at all. I’m really down, and so are my T-cells”

”You just said you weren’t fine. If you feel as good as you say, why aren’t you okay?”

”I’m from New York City. Fear’s my life.”

”We’re all afraid. There’s nothing wrong with that.”

”I’m a facts and figures guy. Every week we meet, we are supposed to have faith. We are supposed to believe in something I don’t know if I believe in. I’m supposed to believe that everything will be just fine, but we lost Becky just before Halloween. I just don’t know. Okay?”

”That’s understandable.”

The double doors suddenly open, and every person attending the meeting whips their head around at the disruption. In walks Gunnar Gunnsson.

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages.”

”Excuse me. Who are you?”

”I know this guy. He’s some wrestler on the local show.”

“Not just some wrestler. My name is Gunnar Gunnsson and I am the man that will be the Sole Survivor at High Stakes Wrestling’s Winter Survival.”

”So, what brings you to our meeting?”

“That’s an excellent question. I was sitting in my hotel room, laying in bed and staring at the ceiling when realize that I am living the American Dream. I am strong, healthy, and I have a great career. I am on the doorstep of greatness and as you have all seen, I’m more than willing to kick some doors in.”

“Now, I understand that the lot of you aren’t in the same situation. And that’s why I am here,  I am here to remind myself that I am simply better than each and every one of you and each and every one of the men and women I will be facing at Sole Survivor. I look at you and where others see strength as you fight your oh so valiant battles, I see weakness.”

Gunnar surveys the room and then points at Chad.

“I look at you and I see a drug addict who couldn’t keep his life together.”

Gunnar points at Jenn.

“I look at you and I see a slut who slept around with the wrong people.”

Gunnsson then points at Gordon as the group just sits in stunned silence.

“And you, little man, I look at you and I see someone who…

Gordon stands up, barely coming up to Gunnar’s chest.

”Listen, asshole. I didn’t do anything. I was born with AIDS.”

“Then your whore mother should have swallowed.”

Gunnar gently pushes the undersized Gordon back into his seat.

“ You ever have one of those days where you just want to tell someone "Little girl, go sit at the kids table and let the adults talk."? That's me right now.”

“Now, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, I am the best thing that High Stakes Wrestling has to offer. What I am going to prove is exactly what I said before. I am better than all of you and all of them. I am bigger, stronger and most importantly smarter than everyone in this match. I proved that Daniel Martin couldn’t hang with me and he was supposed to be the other big dog in the yard. I am going to prove that men like Eli Goode aren’t in my league. I am going to prove that Roller X, Amber Ryan and all the other little ring rats don’t belong in the ring with me. One by one, they will all be taken down until I, “The Norse Nightmare” Gunnar Gunnsson, remain. And every one else…”

Gunnsson snorts in disgust.

“They won’t be any better off than the rest of you.”

”You need to leave. NOW.”

“And you’re going to make me, little man?”

“No, but the Las Vegas PD will.”

“Have it your way.”

Gunnar turns and begins walking back out the double doors.

“ Merry Christmas. Hope you live to see the New Year.”

As Gunnar walks out of the church, the camera slowly fades to black.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum